1) Local Produce at the Farmers Market - every Tuesday 12-4 at Head Lake Park in Haliburton, every Friday in Carnarvon 12-5. Local produce, flowers, cheeses, and meats. Baked goods, crafts, hot lunches. Support Haliburton farmers. https://haliburtoncountyfarmersmarket.wordpress.com/
2) Catch a movie at Highlands Cinema - a historic relic, this movie theatre is a museum and a theatre combined. Located in Kinmount, its a fun experience for the entire family. Arrive early to ensure you get tickets. Be sure to check out the cat enclosures around the theatre! http://highlandscinemas.com/home.php
3) Rotary Carnival and the Haliburton County Fair - the Rotary Carnival is a Haliburton summer tradition, Wednesday Aug 9/17 at Head Lake in Haliburton. Festivities kick off with a parade, followed by Midway rides and games. The 152nd Haliburton County Fair is located in Minden at the Fair grounds from Friday June 9 through Saturday June 10/17 featuring free children events, dog shows, car shows, music
4) Tour De Forest Summer Studio Tour - explore 14 Haliburton Art studios and 26 artists on August 5th and 6th, 2017. Pottery, jewelry, sculptures, glass, painting, photography. http://www.haliburtontourdeforest.com/
5) Haliburton Art & Craft Festival - July 21-23/17 at Head Lake in Haliburton, over 125 Haliburton artists and artisans offering an incredible selection of artwork for sale. This is a 'must see' event!