The Fast Lane Entertainment Center
- 5-pin bowling alley offering daily league play, game nights, lanes, and occasional live music
Bancroft Bowling Lanes
Health & Fitness
Exhale Fitness Studio
163 Highland St., Haliburton
- Fitness classes and gym facilities
Just Movement Fitness
- Offers various classes in Minden, Haliburton, and Hall’s Lake area
Light Hatch Yoga
Physical Journeys Fitness
- Fitness classes and studio with locations in Minden and Haliburton
Indoor cycle studio in Haliburton Village
- Offers Muskoka Roastery coffee, free wifi, baked goods and fish and chips
- Ice cream parlour and casual food
- authentic Italian cuisine
- free wifi
- impressive selection of loose teas, coffee, light and healthy fare
- Licensed, pub food
- 14 HD TV’s
- At the corner of Highways 118 and 35
- 170 Bobcaygeon Rd., Minden
- Pizza On Earth features a selection of gourmet thin-crust pizzas prepared with quality ingredients.
- All pizzas are cooked in a traditional wood-fired brick oven designed to replicate the flavour you would find at an authentic Italian pizzeria.
Steak and pasta house
- Featuring casual dining in one restaurant and fine dining in the main dining room
Summer and Fall Activities
Hiking & Biking
Haliburton Forest & Wildlife Reserve
- Over 300kms of walking, hiking, and mountain bike trails through the Haliburton forest
- Observe a wolf pack in the wild at the Wolf Centre
- Fabulous Outdoor Education program
- Get a guided bird’s-eye view of the Haliburton forest on the Walk in the Clouds canopy
- Features a world-class astronomical observatory, thanks to the site’s light-pollution-free location (self-tracking system, equipped with a 64,000-object database)
Haliburton Highlands Cycling Coalition
Sir Sam’s Ski Area
- Extensive mountain biking and hiking trails (mountain bike rentals available)
- Downhill racetrack
- Pump track
- Scenic chairlift rides overlooking the mountain
Township of Algonquin Highlands
- Links to hiking trails in Algonquin Highlands
- Links and information on places to cycle in the Haliburton County area
- Stand up paddleboarding is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Call to arrange your own personalized paddleboard adventure.
Minden White Water Preserve
- Located on the beautiful Gull River, one of Ontario’s natural wonders.
- Offers 800m of whitewater featuring Class II to IV rapids.
- A popular destination for recreational kayaking and canoeing.
- Also hosts whitewater racing for the more competitive-minded
Ski-Mazing Water Sports School
- Ski, wakeboard, and barefoot water sports school also offers para-sailing and Waverunner rentals.
Pole Position Kartways
- Go-kart racing for kids and adults.
- The course has a few two-seater karts, so parents can ride with their children if they choose to.
- The complex also features batting cages, miniature golf, a bumper boat pond, a golf chipping area, and a few pretty nature trails.
Carnarvon Family Golf
- This facility offers a variety of activities for the whole family including batting cages, driving range, miniature golf, jumping castle, and 9 hole par 3 golf course.
- The many golf camps, clinics and lessons provide customers with a fun learning experience at all levels and for all ages.
- Yours Outdoors offers unique learning vacations and outdoor adventures that explore the rich natural and cultural heritage of Haliburton County.
Ministry of Natural Resources – Fishing Info
- Excellent website with detailed information on all our lakes, right down to depths and types of fish found, etc.
Haliburton Highlands Outdoor Association
- Visit our local fish hatchery for an interesting and informative tour.
- This organization offers information and education on fishing and hunting while promoting sustainable management of natural resources.
Arts and Culture
Ethel Curry Gallery
- Private art gallery, located at the corner of Maple and Highland Sts., Haliburton
Haliburton County Artist Studio Tour
This tour provides an opportunity to visit the studios of dozens of local artists and craftspeople while enjoying discussions, lectures and demonstrations. The tour is scheduled in October each year, coinciding with gorgeous fall colour along the route.
Even when the Studio Tour is not operating you can still visit an artists’ studio and purchase a one-of-a-kind memento of your trip. Here’s a link to The Arts Council with directory listings of many of our local artists: http://www.haliburtonarts.on.ca/find-a-member/directory-listings/achh_tag/artists/
Haliburton Museum & Sculpture Forest
- Offers a unique outdoor sculpture gallery winding through wooded countryside.
- The museum features authentic settlers’ cabins and a functioning blacksmith shop with scheduled demonstrations.
Haliburton School of Art and Design
- Courses are taught by friendly, accomplished artisans
- Wide range of unique courses (twig furniture-making, glassblowing, raku pottery, etc.), many specific to historical Ontario
Minden Hills Cultural Centre
This centre encompasses the Agnes Jamieson art gallery, Minden Museum, and Nature Centre.
Rails End Gallery
- The Rails End Gallery and Arts Centre, situated in the historic train station in the village of Haliburton, Ontario, offers exhibitions by local and regional artists.
Red Cross Outpost Museum
- The Wilberforce Red Cross Outpost & Historic House is the site of the first Red Cross Outpost Hospital in Ontario, as well as the first hospital of any kind in Haliburton County and surrounding area.
- It was declared a National Historic Site of Canada in 2003.
The Forest Festival – Haliburton Forest
Haliburton Concert Series
Highlands Summer Festival
Razzamataz Kids Shows
- Horseback riding
- 100 acres of trails
South Algonquin Trails
- Horseback riding and summer camps for children.
- located at the southern tip of Algonquin Park, near Harcourt
- ATV & Hummer rentals
- 5,000 acres of trails to ride on
- Private yacht tours
Haliburton ATV Association
- 9 hole golf course in Minden
- 18 hole course and practice range located near Minden.
Carnarvon Family Golf
- 9 hole par 3 course plus driving range, mini putt, jumping castle, and batting cages right at the stoplight in Carnarvon.
Haliburton Highlands Golf Club
- 9 hole course near Haliburton
Lakeside Golf Club
- 9 hole course in West Guilford
PineStone Resort & Conference Centre
- 18 hole course between Haliburton Village and Minden
Greenmantle Farm Mineral Occurrence
- Offers guided mineral eco-tours, near Wilberforce
- A must-see in cottage country – unique multi-plex theatre and film museum located in Kinmount
Sir Sam’s Ski Area
- A fun community hub that offers downhill skiing, ski school, ski racing, and a regular schedule of events and performances
- 100% snowmaking capability ensures optimum conditions throughout the season
- Ski and snowshoe rentals available
- Snowshoe trails
- 12 Groomed ski trails for all levels of expertise
Haliburton Highlands Cross-Country Ski Club
- An active cross-country skiing community that offers youth skiing (including instruction), seniors groups, races, events, and outdoor volunteering
Haliburton Forest and Wildlife Reserve
- Offers snowmobiling trails, dog-sledding and much more
Winterdance Dogsled Tours
- Ride through the beautiful wilderness alongside Algonquin Park behind a team of purebred Siberian huskies
- Child- and family-friendly dogsledding
- Featured on The Rick Mercer Report, The Toronto Star, City TV’s Breakfast Television, YTV’s 2008 Adrenaline Project, Canada Day Special 2003, Country Women Magazine, and numerous television commercials
Haliburton County Snowmobile Association
- A great source for maps, permits, trail conditions, and riding buddies
- Snowmobiling courses scheduled throughout the winter riding season
Wintergreen Maple Syrup & Pancake Barn
- A charming converted barn along a pretty stretch of road, Wintergreen has hundreds of homemade foods and preserves on offer (specializing, of course, in the characteristic maple delights of rural Ontario.)
- Watch through the glass wall as maple syrup is made, and then taste the results when you settle in to enjoy the classically French Canadian menu
Beatty’s Sugar Bush
- A family-owned maple syrup operation in the Drag Lake area, Beatty’s Sugar Bush invites the curious to come in and learn about the process
- Be sure to call ahead!